Yellow Toadstool

Discussion in 'Coral' started by PghSteeler, Nov 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Thanks guys just what I wanted to hear!! Not sure if its actually a yellow toadstool or a fiji yellow which I believe are very different in terms of ease of care. If it helps the yellow is kind of a duller yellow and it is growing its crown before its stalk so maybe its a Fiji yellow and not a toadstool??

Anyone have a method of telling the difference between small 2inch frags?

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I had LPS with it for a few years but have since moved them to my frag tank for unrelated reasons.

It is A Fiji Green Toadstool.When open it actually looks yellow but when the polyps retract it is definitely green.;)

Absolutely.Toadstools love light and flow the more the better within reason.8)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Post a picture.I had a Yellow Fiji but sold it to someone who fell in love with it.Kinda glad I did as you can see the size of the Green one.Its HUGE!!!LOL

5. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

So what is mine then? Just a green toadstool?

6. Vinnyboombatz

Yes a Green Polyped Toadstool.Sarcophyton sp.;)

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah mine green looks like yours toallhiswisdom, I have mine in with a TON of LPS and clams with no ill effects on them. I do have it kind of isolated from them though! its sweepers are pretty long, probably 10-12"s easy. I actually plan on moving mine down a bit because my light is too much for it. But it is 4"s from a pocillopora with no ill effects on it;) Get it, cool coral for $20

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

I really want a yellow toadstool for the opposite side of my tank. Think it would add some good color. Love the look of toadstools/fiji leathers.

10. Toallhisdoom

Theres a gorgeous! YELLOW fiji leatger on harrysfrags.com but its like $60 for a .75" piece. Never seen one so nice tho!