Yellow tip torch coral, maroons new home

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Jeffrey750, May 10, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jeffrey750

Jeffrey750 Astrea Snail

Hi all, I have a small 1 inch Maroon clown which took over the yellow tip torch coral. He lives in this thing almost all day other than to eat. I almost want to say it looked like he was burned once, but the little white blast mark went away in a day. Should I get him his own anemone or leave him be? He is in a very well already stocked reef tank, not a whole lot of room for too much else. I'm kinda affraid to add one being that they move around, I have a hard enough time with those big snails knocking stuff over.

2. Click Here!

3. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

As long as he isn't causing the polyps to retract all the time it's fine. You're lucky...the closest thing to hosting we can get my g/fs clown to do is a clamshell (dead mind you).

The white sting was actually a sting :) He'll get used to it (or already has) and it will be a non-issue. I'd keep it and skip the nem.

How big is the torch? If you don't know already those can have quite a range for the sweeper tentacles :/

4. Jeffrey750

Jeffrey750 Astrea Snail

I have'nt seen any sweeper tenticles yet. The size of the coral at the base is about 6 inches around. It has 8 heads on it and overall bigger that a softball. It is always out, it's my favorite.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

It's fine they all hang in somthing better the coral then a anemone to have to deal with. I have had them to live in everything from a mushroom to frogspawns to elegances to leathers and button Now we have a pair in a clam..