yellow tang with cloudy white eye

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Swisswiss, Jan 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

+100, I got some melafix in a baster and hit mine full in the face with a whole tank dose.

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Update, eye is a lot less swollen but im pretty sure he lost sight from it. Its covered in a white film still but yea nit swollen anymore. Iv been treating with a fungicide and melafix should arrive by the end of the week. Should i repeat the cure for another week once i get melafix? Im assuming the chances to save its eye are close none existent now.... :(

4. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

What are you feeding him?

5. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Allow the milky cover to disapate on its own, then things should be back to normal.

6. Swisswiss

I'm glad you asked this, i make my own fish food composed of shrimp, scalp, clams, cod fillet, garlic and handful of nori sheets and blend it all together. my LFS suggested that he may have gotten popeye from a diet to rich in protein, is this actually possible?

while he is the hospital tank i feed him only nori now, he doesn't have the appetite he use to have in my DT but he does nibble on the food i give him.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Try adding some Vitamin C, it helped a flame angel I had with the same issue greatly.

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

the eye is a lot better but not sure if it can see from it though. its the second day of the second week of treatment. ill be adding him back thursday or friday.

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It's may take some time.

What did you do specifically to treat the eye other than placing the fish in QT.

11. Swisswiss

used api "mycosis stop" for the first week while i waited for "bacter stop" to arrive and I'm now treating a second week using both. feeding only nori (good response) and did a 25% water change yesterday

12. Swisswiss

he is back in the DT and everyone seems to remember him, no aggression. he is slowly going round the aquarium again, the damaged eye looks much better but not great :s. ill post a couple pictures soon

Wounded side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice how a part of his gill took a hit by the infection as well (seems to have a hole) was a redish/brown color before i started his treatment.

Healthy side

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.