Yellow tang W/ icke!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by andyh10051987, Oct 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andyh10051987

andyh10051987 Astrea Snail

Hi everyone,

so i believe that my yellow tang has icke for the past few couple of days. The reason i didn't notice sooner was because the icke wasn't visible on his yellow body but rather instead on his fins. It has now spread rapidly throughout his fins and 3-4 spots has started appearing on his body. I'm checking my param as I'm writing this right now

pH-8.0
    ammonia-0
    nitrite-0
    nitrate-0

i'm going to start feeding it brine with garlic extreme from now on. I was thinking about buying a cleaner shrimp to help the tang out but i'm worry because i have a pistol shrimp and 2 diamond goby crusing on the surface of my bottom floor. Any advise concerning this problem would be greatly appreciated! thanks every and take care.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

if your gonna get a cleaner shrimp you need to get it fast, they have to catch before it gets bad to have any effect. mostly cleaners stay on rocks, and they some fish do give them immunity to being eaten because they recognize the service it provides. diamonds are reef safe, and pistols are suppose to be too so he will probably be ok.

4. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

If it gets really bad I suggest setting up a quarintine tank and do a copper treatment because copper is dangerous to inverts in the main tank. Unfortunately, if one of your fish has ich it is mostly likey your other fish will get it too. Ich look like salt was sprinkled on the fish and you will see it rubbing its body against rocks. It is caused by stress.

5. andyh10051987

andyh10051987 Astrea Snail

yes but for some reason none of my other fish has the symptoms. I have 2 perc clowns, 2 diamond goby, 1 watchman goby, 2 green chromis and none of them have n e signs...

6. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

Wait and closely watch the other fish for signs of ick, you may also want to raise your temp some and see if the garlic helps

7. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

Just becuase one fish has doesn't mean the other will get. If they are healthy and have no reason to get it then they won't. You probably introduce ich into your system all the time. While garlic will get fish to eat it won't clear it up. You want to make sure your fish are eating and warm. Turn up the temp to 80 which will only help very little. The warmer water speeds up the ich's lifecycle. The cleaners are good to have. they may not even clean though. Skunk and fireshrimp, I have both and both clean. My fish love it. Also it could be a totally different kind of parasite. I have found that, as long as the fish are eating, a treatment by seachem. It is totally reef safe and WORKS. I had ich bad, but only new stressed fish would get it. Tangs the worst. Started feeding with this med and never seen it again. REEFSAFE too. I am sure of it. Try it, its the best.

Seachem Metronidazole Directions:
    Use 1–2 measures (each about 100 mg) for every 40 L (10 gallons). Measurer included. Repeat every 2 days until symptoms disappear. Turn off UV, ozone, and chemical filtration. To feed, blend 1 measure with about 1 tablespoon of frozen food paste. To minimize loss during feeding use with Focus™. Food may be refrozen.
    Active ingredient: metronidazole (100%)

I just add it to frozen food let it absorb and feed. ​