yellow tail aggression towards two ocellaris clowns

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by GuitarMan89, Jun 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

:( Hummm, thought I posted response already...guess not...

Common problem with Damsels....

In most cases it will adjust to other fish pretty quickly.

In my case, two exsisting percs in Nano gave new jewel damsel a hard time for first couple of days...now best of friends. Damsel can even approach their anem with out clowns getting pissed.

Yellow Tails are beautiful, active fish. But best added last, and as juveniles if possible...

I would like tank full of them...

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

maybe i will try to let the clowns adjust, then add the damsel back into the display, I will see how things go

4. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

I have never had a problem with my blue damsel, despite being the first resident in the tank. My three clowns (yes, thats right, i have three and they get along well together), my yellow tang, and my damsel will all hang out together wherever they go in the tank. But in terms of aggressive behavior, he is definitely the weakest link (he's a jam tart).

5. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

2 clownfish one orange one black are fish i added to my tank 2 months after i added my yellow tail & neon velvet damsel, they would swim together at first kind of like back up watching out for each other, the neon did not really do a lot other than back into them on occassion, very weird, the blue on the other hand would dart over to them and do a kind of flicking motion with spikes on end like a cats fur, never really touching though, both damsels and clowns swam together for a few days, now the clowns have settled into their new home and come out there shell, the damsels know better to even go by them now, they give them as good as they get, but in all they all live in harmony and just swim peacefully past each other now, i did not move rock work or anything, just give it time, now the 3 striped damsel now thats another story, supposed to be the most aggressive?...good luck with them ...