Yellow Polyps help!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Mr._Bond, Dec 13, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

.....and TARGET feedings of particulate matter if your tank doesn't have a lot of it. ;D Nitrates don't feed them very much which is DOM (Dissolved Organic Material/Matter). They want POM (Particulate Organic Material/Matter).

2. Click Here!

3. MRK82

MRK82 Astrea Snail

Still not bl**dy opened!! I did a 20% water change today...... All perams are still good and their still not playing out. seem to be starting to shrivel a bit...That could just be me tho??

4. MRK82

MRK82 Astrea Snail

Weird but interesting discovery!!!

Today my polyps were looking deflated so I thought I would have a closer look.......bare with me, cause the other day I found this little fella wondering around, in fact I found a couple of them roaming the glass (not the best pic but it was hard enough getting this one). Tonight when inspecting my polyps I found LOADS hiding in the colony! now I have moved them (powerhead and a bit of gentle persuasion) they are starting to look allot better now they're free of critters. Mind you they have still not opened yet but still early yet. Anyone got any thoughts? good / bad, if bad how do I get rid? I've posted loads of stuff recently but had no responses! WHER ARE YOU ALL?

Attached Files:

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

They are bad. Very bad. They are zoanthid eating nudibranchs. Parazoanthus (yellow polyps) and in the same Genus as zoanthids and, as a result, can be eaten by them. What type of coral dip did you use?

As far as where 3Reefers are, some weeks we work 40 hours per week, sometimes we work 80. Sometimes, it's just a matter of the person who has experience with the issue being online at just the exact right time.

6. MRK82

MRK82 Astrea Snail

Ha ha ha ha......Only joking about the "where are you all" comment!! HOW CAN I GET RID OF THEM PLEASE? Thanks for the info by the way inwall75!!

7. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

How do you get the zoa eating nudis in your system? I havent added anything recently and i know all my params are in check but my yellow polyps have been closed for a bit maybe i need to check mine out.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

A lot of the commercially prepared dips work. Seachem has one. Tropic Marin has one called Pro Coral Care. The one I use the most is Coral Rx Pro. However, a freshwater dip with some Lugol's Solution should do the job. (Make sure you are using RO/DI water and buffer it up to match the tanks as well as matching the temperature).

10. MRK82

MRK82 Astrea Snail

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

A freshwater dip like I stated above will definitely help even if you don't have Lugol's Solution.

12. MRK82

MRK82 Astrea Snail

Whats the best way to do a freshwater dip? will this stop the nudi's from going straight back on the zoo's? Like I said before I used the powerhead whilst the zoo's were in the tank to have a closer look at these bad boys and managed to manually pull each one off but this means all I have done is distribute about 10 Nudi's around my display tank :(