Yellow Coris Wrasse

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ccscscpc, May 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yep, I basically call them a must have as well.

The only drawback to them is that they may eat feather dusters. My 5" radiant doesn't touch any dusters though.

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Info on the yellow halichoeres is sound, so I'll just weigh in on the latter.

For reef tanks, wrasses can mix quite well together, but only if we're talking about a mix of Cirrhilabrus/Paracheilinus/Halichoeres/Macropharyngodon wrasses. Lined wrasse's (Pseudocheilinus) can be quite the bully and don't play well with others.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, I don't even talk about lined wrasses since they can be quite pugnacious.

It's not to say you can't have a lined wrasse in with other wrasses, but you have the possibility of there being issues from the lined wrasses being mean. For that reason I won't add a lined wrasse to my tanks.

5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

When I think "reef Safe" I think Completly "reef Safe" including fish that do not eat corals! Pyrimid Butterfly fish have a likely probability to eat stonys

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Actually they don't. Pyramid butterflys are planktivores. So they are not LR grazers like all the other butterflies. Just like Genicanthus angels are planktivores and won't eat corals, pyramid butterflies are reef safe.

All these kinds of planktivores have as much possibility of munching coral as a purple tang or any other tang does. I've seen a few cases of that happening.