YardRight Castle Tropical  Sand Anywhere in N

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Reefguy, Jan 21, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dia_cero2002

dia_cero2002 Plankton

yardright

Yardright is evidently hard to come by. I've gone to two home depots and one lowe's here in Dallas, and neither one have any yardright or oldcastle. I went to the yardright website, and they still show the white play sand on their website. Do they still sell and distribute the white playsand? I'm assuming they do since it's on their website, but it's just hard to find. Any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. Lady Z

Lady Z Plankton

Arlington, Texas here!

Hi - Did you ever locate ANY of that sand ?

Looking for that Hard to Find
    HD Southdown/Yardright/OldCastle Sand LOL
    (for my 200 gal tank ;D )

Help Anyone ?

Thank You!

Lady Z

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. Lady Z

Lady Z Plankton

I have since discovered that a GREAT replacement for this Southdown Play Sand - it

PaveStove Pulverized Limestone - readily available at Home Depots at approx $4-$5 per 50# bag :)

Lady Z !!!

**Off to Home Depot I go!!

5. Broog

Broog Plankton

Is pulverized Limestone a good substrate?

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

IMO, I would stick to aragonite. Atleast you know it is a proven safe substrate that has a good buffering capacity and releases trace minerals into the water. What happens if their is a problem with the sand or limestone substrate you want to use? Then there is a major job or removing the substrate not to mention the live rock that has to be removed and the inhabitants in the tank. I just would be a little hesitant in using a media from Home Depot or Lowe's as substrate for my expensive hobby!
    Good luck with your decision, maybe limestone will work, just want piece of mind found in aragonite.

7. Lady Z

Lady Z Plankton