Yakkity yak

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Iraf, Sep 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Bought my first kayak this week a ocean kayak endeavor

Anyone else kayak?

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I have myself a Hobie Mirage. Love fishing out of these!

Edit:
    [​IMG]

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I've never gone kayaking. I'd like to though. It looks like it would be fun.

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I just dabble. I have a climbing buddy that is heavy into kayaking. He taught me in one of the smallest kayaks i have ever seen. Never could get that thing to go straight.:-/

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

How do you like your hobie if I like this ocean yak and fishing out of it my next yak will be a hobie but their angling models are around $2500

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

The hobie mariage runs around 1600. This one is COOL though. It has a propeller instead of the fins that go back and forth. Assuming you can go backwards in this one. Here is another link.

Either way..hand free moving is pretty nice for fishing. Worth the extra money!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  8. Click Here!

9. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

the mirage pro angler is the one I was talking about in that price range, I think with the electric motor it comes with it's right at $2500

Im not sure what all the differences are in the different mirage models cept the pro angler has capacity for up to 600lbs and can carry a bait tank and electric motor, I've looked at Mokai kayaks also their in the 3500 range but can do 15+mph on their inboard jet motor

10. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I've been thinking about getting myself a kayak for a while. Not really to do much fishing mostly just to tool around the canals looking for manatee, and maybe a few dolphins, sharks and gators, while building up my arm muscles.

11. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I've guided in several brands and for non-skirted cockpits the Ocean Kayak sit on tops are the best because they're stable enough to stand up in. You will eventually get cracks on the bottom where the drain holes are molded. I found that small pieces of duct tape rolled on to remove air bubbles is the best repair. :)

Have with your new toy, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk