XM or Hamilton Tech Bulbs?

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by crustytheclown, Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Any 10K bulb is going to put out more PAR than a 15K bulb. For that matter a 6.5K bulb will put out far more. But the 14-15K range is the balance between growth and color.

The Pheonix 14K is actually one of the best balanced bulbs on the market. Good color, good growth and great stability. But any 10K is going to have more PAR, and any 20K is going to have better color.

The XM 15Ks were recently redesigned and have new data.

I don't want a 10K or a 20K... looking for that balance. Still not decided between XM 15K, Ushio 12K-14K, or somthing else or another pair of Pheonix 14Ks.

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I run Hamiltons and I am finding they last about 10 months before they need to be replaced. I'm not too thrilled about that, live and learn. At least I bought them on sale for $40. That is my 70w DE HQI anyway. I haven't run my 250w mogul yet.
    I just recently purchased a 10000K Ushio for my 70w that will go over my 12G nano. Hopefully my GBTA will like that light.