Xenia ~ what makes it thrive?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by pink4miss, Apr 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

Just wanted to update, my Xenia crashed in my DT. It was slowly shrinking and then turned to a paste. (2 weeks time)

Then I decided to move it into my frag tank, and in 3 days it was bouncing back. No rhyme or reason I am just baffled...

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

xenia just seems to be one of "those" corals IMO I had gotten 3 good size stock from a fellow reefer on here and now I have 5 big pices and a mother colony now. gre in like 2 months then it just stoped growing alot and is just getting fatter LOL ;D

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i just ordered some it came to me denigrating in the bag, for 59.99 plus shipping, it was on a round log like rock and they didnt float it. it was almost dead but i put it in the tank. well it died . i give up!

5. rc_mcwaters3

dang that sux but hey you tried i have some that you can have since i dont need all of it.

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

thank you thats a very nice offer. i love the xenia, but i think its time for me to admit defeat. after it crashing the ones that did make it here safely, didnt make it either they did a slow decline and melted away in my tank. but i thought oh one more try. well i have been beaten the xenia gods have one. haha i have replaced the xenia with goniopora's so far they seem to be thriving. hope they stay that way.

7. rc_mcwaters3

well at least you found somthing that filled the void LOL buthey im having a hard time with GSP and suposably it grows like grass so I get it lol

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I have the same issue with superman monti just cant seem to get it right where ever i put it, but my 2 different kinds of xenia grow wonderfully.

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

if we could only figure it out

11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have heard it grows like grass. i have heard complaints about gps same as the xenia.

the gonioporia the one swells up like a blow fish at feeding time. i have now set my skimmer to be off for an hour after i feed the fish. i will have to get a picture of it. its crazy looking

12. rc_mcwaters3