xenia slow down!!!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by JayTropical, Jun 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JayTropical

JayTropical Purple Spiny Lobster

yea im starting to get that feeling about them, its such a nice rock they are on too.

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Mine might accidentally fall into a bucket of bleach. I trim it constantly and it is back at full strength after a week.

4. NinjaBum

NinjaBum Spaghetti Worm

Yeah youll have to put em somewhere they dont enjoy but can survive. Mine gets hit by strong gusts of current every 5-10 seconds and they have stopped spreading.

5. JayTropical

JayTropical Purple Spiny Lobster

yea they might be getting more and more of a powerhead blast if they keep it up.

6. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

When I move my stuff to my new tank I'll be trading or selling all rock that I have that have Xenia on them. It truely seems as though they can't be killed. I have mine under 72w of PC light in my Biocube 29 and in a medium to low flow area and they spread like weeds. I trim them back every week and drop the trimmings in my temporary holding tank and they still thrive in there. It gets really annoying when they voluntarily let individual pieces of themselves go to go colonize new areas. Never again! They don't die if you blast them with Joe's Juice either. Believe me I've tried.

7. Kovu

Kovu Fire Worm

I wish my xenia would spread quickly, I had one that almost was at that point then my tank crashed so now I have a whole bunch of green star polyp.