Xenia seems ticked off!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by cosmo, Dec 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Definitely keep us updated! If mine recovers, i'll frag a piece and put it in my fuge!

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

She seems to be coming out of it, back to the old height and its hands are stretching out again! Not 100% but getting there!

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Well, serves me right for changing horses in mid race.....
    After putting the small shocked bunch in the fuge, it withered away after 3 days. I would not recommend doing this. Experiment concluded.....

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Awesome to hear, keep it up : )

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

that sucks dude! Next time i fly down to florida, i'll bring ya a frag. if it keeps growing! lol, don't suppose ya wanna drive over to tampa? heard theres a great reef club there! which is where my other house is! well dunedin! but near tampa!

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

good news bud! told ya not to worry :)

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

HAHA.....No worries bro, Florida's the xenia capitol, at least central florida is.( I think, lol there's nore species of the little guys floating around than I can shake a stick at) My LFS has a peice that he's been cultivating for 15 years. Xenias are very temperamental, I had mine for nearly 3 months and looking just fine, and then BAM, it took a nose dive. I also have a frog spawn, and a kenya tree that are doing great. I dont know why the xens died but im leaving the first one I bought where it is. I won't give up hope so long as there's a foot left......;D

10. mm2002

mm2002 Feather Duster

I put a small rock full of Zenia in my tank, and it never looked happy. It eventually wilted away to nothing but a little blob of brown on the rock. I wrote it off due to the fact that I keep nitrates at zero. Then a couple of weeks ago I noticed they are coming back strong. It's almost like they had to die and start over.