Xenia pulsing coral not pulsing??

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by BMClark05, Sep 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BMClark05

BMClark05 Astrea Snail

I havent got the chance to look yet at them yet bc i have been work but i will find out when i get home if thats the problem. i wouldnt say that they are in a heavy flow area though. it just a biocube and it doesnt have a wave maker in it. i cant see it creating that much of a bother to them. i will update later. thanks for the help

2. Click Here!

3. BMClark05

BMClark05 Astrea Snail

So i got home and checked them out and they are open but not really pulseing at all. a guy at my work has the same biocube and the same coral and his go crazy. idk i guess ill have to wait a few days unless someone has anything different that they know that i dont?

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

My pulsing xenia goes nuts in my tank. I've fragged it and given it away to a close friend of mine. Hardly pulses at all in his tank(a very well taken care of tank with manily the same techniques/system). It's one of those "un-known" things about xenia. The piece that you have may or may not pulse in my tank.

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

They pulse a little, give them time, they will pulse a lot! you're not blasting them with flow are ya?