Xenia looking like it's wilting

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by m_hsiao, Jan 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

OK, this is weird. I added a Koralia Nano and 2 Koralia 2's last week and the next day and ever since my Xenia has been acting similarly. I would describe its behavior as the same as yours. Still pulsing, doesn't stay all sucked into itself, but it's definitely smaller.

Will follow this thread...

EDIT: I mean I added 2 Koralia 1's, not 2's.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

that is indeed very interesting, let's just keep each other updated, i'm going to try a few methods to bring it back to normal, if it works i'll keep you posted

4. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Mine did that after i went from 54W to 750W...im sure that was a shock. But after a week it was pulsing like crazy. I do add 5ml iodine once a week.

Don't worry too much, they will be back up in no time. Mine went through hell and is still going strong.

5. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Now that I think about it mine has done that a couple times, I have 2 koralias, yet didn't pay attention to whether it happened after I added them or not (I added them at seperate times). The tops of the xenia would be all bunched up, like not extended, yet they would still pulse, and the "stalks" get short and it didn't look good. It is fine now though...

6. m_hsiao

so after the koralia installing and the xenia looking like it's wilting, it's now getting better and I have done nothing to change the environment or the chemistry of the water.. keep you guys updated

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Same here - but I plan on giving it at least a couple of weeks before I let it worry me. It just may need to get use to things again...

8. Click Here!

9. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

I thought mines were going to die a week or so ago when I first put them in. I dosed with some deluted Lugols Iodine directly over them and added some plankton on Monday and yesterday when I got home they perked up regained their color, and are pulsing like crazy. So I figured they just need time to adjust to your parameters.

10. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I always liked them, I had bought some at a friends store but he wasnt there that day. He came over and seen them and told me to bring them back and he would give me my money back cause they are supposed to live for about 6mo and then die off. And sometimes they will quit pulsing for no reason. And some people keep them alive by overdosing iodine. I have made some mistakes, but I learned not to impulse buy when the weekend help is working. LOL. I would like to try them in a small cluster sometime.

11. Perculator

Perculator Feather Duster

12. m_hsiao

so since last time, one of my xenia heads have fragged and moved onto another rock and pulsing at a very rapid rate. I didn't do anything with my water parameters, I guess just let it adjust and not do any extra dosing on iodine. Let it get use to the water flow, it's probably the extra water flow