X-mas favia having probems.

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by vegasfish, Aug 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

My favia has been in the tank for about 2 months and it has developed the hole in the middle and one polyp has melted away on the side. I did have it mid level of the tank and moved it yesterday down to the lower 1/3. I am running MH lights.

[​IMG]

Ca-460

alk-11

mg-1300

all other numbers are at 0

2. Click Here!

3. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

4. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Sorry i forgot it I put it in the original post

5. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

thats favia looks familiar did you get it from Jeff?

6. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

what is or was close to the favia? looks like a coral war to me.

7. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

It was by itself no corals around it? Yep i got it from Jeff the guy has a packed tank :gossip:

8. Click Here!

9. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

yeah i got alot of nice chalices from him that ppl pay 300 a frag for vivid watermelon jada watermelon hehe all for 50 bucks lol

what fish do you have?

and did the other post come from Jeff?

10. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

No I can't remember but I think the other stuff came from Jason? but i lost the name and number of the person I got it from.

My fish have never bothered a coral before and I have some big Acans but here is the list. 2False percula clown's, One spot fox face. six line wrasse, blue hippo tang, Australian sail fin tang, Flame hawk

11. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

12. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

The graceful One Spot Foxface features a distinct "eyespot" on its body. Also called the Blotched Foxface, the One Spot Foxface is extremely similar in appearance to the Foxface Lo, except for the aforementioned spot. Natural variation of this dark spot can range from an almost symmetrical circle to a "free-formed" blotch to give each fish a unique and individual appearance.
    House the One Spot Foxface in a 70 gallon or larger aquarium. It is a very peaceful species except when housed with other rabbitfish. The One Spot Foxface may be housed with more aggressive fish since predators and aggressors will tend to leave it alone because of its venomous dorsal spines. Rabbitfish are generally reef-safe if they are well fed. If not, they may nip at or consume some species of LPS and soft coral polyps.

The diet of the One Spot Foxface should include fresh vegetables and algae. Provide a variety of prepared herbivore foods rich in vegetable matter and supplement diet with algae sheets to help reduce potential nipping damage to soft and hard coral polyps.

keep an eye on the fox face.
    sorry I got this off of live aquaria