Wyoming White Ocellaris

Discussion in 'iBluewater' started by iBluewater, Aug 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iBluewater

iBluewater Senior Member (PhD)

[​IMG]

Several year ago, when Ibluewater started doing business with C-Quest, I had the distinct pleasure of getting to know its founder, the late Bill Addison. A significant amount of Joy Wilkerson's research and work on her Clownfish book was derived from information received through Bill's generosity in giving her full access to his breeding facility.

Bill and I had many conversations about the Wyoming White (WW) and how difficult it was to successfully breed them in any numbers. His experience was that every clutch of eggs produced less than 5% Wyoming Whites.

With some Clownfish, such as A. latezonatus, over production made a once rare Clownfish more common.

Due to the difficulty and random results of spawning designer Clownfish like the WW, these will likely remain rare in the foreseeable future.

My friends at iBluewater were fortunate to have acquired several WWs from C-Quest just before they shut down operations in Puerto Rico. In hindsight, I believe iBluewater would have acquired any remaining WWs available to them.

Since C-Quest closed operations, I try to note practically every person or hatchery that had one or more pairs of WW. Rumors would occasionally surface that yet another attempt was made to spawn WWs. None seem to succeed.

Bob at iBluewater mentioned Sea and Reef Aquaculture and the excellent work they do. With their success spawning other species of Clownfish, he was very confident that they would be first to spawn the WW again. They are.

Congratulations Soren and team! Sea & Reef has successfully spawned the Wyoming White.

Contact my friends at iBluewater if you wish to own this supremely rare Clownfish the Wyoming White.

2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

4. iBluewater

Thank you! even adult Platinum Percs don't quite come close to the intensity of white you see on these 1.5" WW specimens.

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

#1 Favorite clownfish

6. iBluewater

ours too! :)

7. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

To each their own I guess. Is there any attempt at breeding the lightening clowns? I would like one or two of those.

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

One of my dream fish. I love the varieties of clowns available.

My day dream fish include a pair of each type.