WTF is this on my fish.

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by geekdafied, Sep 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Well Geek if it where Me and its not I'd hit it with some maricyin and then give it 8 week's with no heater That way you will have killed any of the bacteria and save you the trouble of starting over .. A does of antibiotic up front could have saved you totally .. As for U/V not worth the trouble I'd look to ozone to clean the water and disease,.. Cheaper better and last longer and no new bulb at 45.00 a pop every 4 to 6 months .. The manufacture will tell you 9 to 12 months But I know thats B/S first 3 months they rock at about 4 months the ORP will start to fall off.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

ORP or PAR?

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

ORP the water quality is great for a few month but then I always see the ORP go into a steep decline that tells me the bulbs are falling off of spectrum or par:)

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Really now. I had no idea that bulbs could affect your ORP. Ya learn something new every day :)

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Ive thought about investing into the lifeguard system. Im doing a lot of things differently when I set it up again. When I set it up during the minicycle stage of it, Im only running NO fluorescent actinics, only thing Im trying to grow is bacteria and coraline, there will be no fish or corals just well established liverock and microfauna. So any parasites or bad bacteria will not have anything to survive on. All corals are being redipped and then into a QT tank with a bare bottom just for the corals I already have. I bought several tanks when petco had that sell last month just for this. I may go ahead and upgrade my seio's while Im at it. I currently have 2 m620's and want to upgrade to 2xm1100's and get the controller for them. Then I can use the m620's for the 50g frag tank when I get it up and running and use the 110g stock tank as the sump possibly.