WTF is this on my fish.

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by geekdafied, Sep 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

This is a great product to treat the problem its called De-Los and its made by a company called National Fish Pharmaceuticals Co. we use it on all fish we bring in while in quarantine as just incae not muck kill the louse and the eggs both Only problem is it will kill snails :) I'm sure it can be had in a small amount ? We get it by the 5 lb package jug . But it takes several weeks to treat them and kill them totally off through their life cycle. Might try Copper if you need ? I'll look to see what we have at the shop in the way of Formalin

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I can order formalin, just nobody has it in stock. I appreciate the offer.

1 person likes this.
  4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I think the Brooklynella has showed up after the white spots. But it does definetly have Brooklynella now. Im going to make a couple calls and see if I can get my hands on some formalin.

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Man, you have been having to deal with some serious tank issues. My psych would have had to upgrade my meds long ago if same things happening to me. :p

Admire your perseverance!

Good Luck!

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

UPDATE!!!

After the second dosing of cupramine, the fish look much better. Im not 100% if the creatures are dead or just fell off to reproduce. To be on the safe side, I siphoned all I could out(literally 100's of them) and tossed 8oz's of carbon in the filter to pull the cupramine out of the water. Im letting that run for a few hours, then redosing again.

***crosses fingers***

1 person likes this.
  7. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

good news mate !!!+1:)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

wow that sux I hope your fish does ok....that stuff is nasty(looking) kinda looks like a tumor or growth.... and they are creatures? ewwwww.... where did it get them from?? how's it doing now??

1 person likes this.
  10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

The slime coat is going away or appears to be. Color hasnt started to come back yet, or atleast not noticible. So far so good. I added a drop of lugols in there to help with any secondary infections.

11. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

That clown has marine velvet and I'd hit it with Mardles labs maracyin 1

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I don't think that the picture posted by fletch above is of geekdafied's clownfish? Geek's clown picture is on the first page. Is that marine velvet as well?