wtb motercycle

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Jun 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I agree, highly likely it's a regional thing to a great extent... which is why I wouldn't even bring it up on a global forum... ya know?

I think you really ought to take the phrase in context before calling it offensive. I would rally to your side if you only said it when someone was making fun or otherwise being rude...

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

its an 08 gsx750 and i was very un impressed (he has a bunch of performance stuff done to it ) even with the lower gear ratio sproket i feel like im riding my huffy.my car is faster then his bike and i want to be able to beat my car on a bike lol.i wouldnt sayim a pro biker but i feel im skilled enough to get a bigger bike and stay within my comfort zone till i am up to the potential of the bike.but i dont know the limit of my comfort zone because i havent rode many bikes. but going from my experiance on his 750 i know its way more then the 750

4. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

I live in Monterey, and we are having it just one more year!!! I am so sad to see it go too!

I ride a 2001 Buell Lighting, what a *****en bike. Loud and lots of torque, they are no longer producing Buells :-[

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I like that bike a lot. The Buell story is a sad one. That's a great bike.

6. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

I have a SV1000S it is the TL1000S new version it is a fun bike and somewhat of a budget bike at that it has a large following on many site mainly the SV650S and SV650N are the most popular. If you want a great all around bike go with the the SV they are great bikes.

7. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

NVM on the SV from the sounds of it you just want to go fast in a straight line and not actually ride so I would recomend a ZX14R

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

LOL, yep, that is what it sounds like.

The Sv1k is a nice bike, but it was never fully developed unlike the TLS. The TL came with high end suspension from the factory. I won't even talk about the not so great of a decision to make a rotary damper and not go the extra mile on it to make it a great rear conventional shock replacement. The SV should have been sold as an R variant at least for a couple years with USD forks (like the TL S and TLR had) with a full fairing and maybe a little more trick componentry. When the Tl was made, there were no cost cuts, as the TL was made to be a top tier machine. When the SV1k was made, I loved that the TL motor in essence was there, but on paper and in real world, it just didn't have the same kind of punch or handling the TL S or R did. Cost savings and the move to 4 cylinder superbike racing in the US and abroad kept the sv1k in a budget class unfortunately.

The buells were fun bikes, built in my back yard basically.

A friend bought an 08 1125R for 6k out the door last November in the "fire sale". I will swap him with the TL for a few miles this summer. I have ridden all the more modern of the buells except for the 1125r, and it sounds like that new motor was what the buell finally needed..... to get a LC non HD motor.

Erik Buell has 1 more year of non compete with HD, then he can hopefully re make Buells, or whatever they want to call them. It sounds like Bombardier almost bought Buell out at the end, but HD said NOOO!!!

10. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

I hope they come back. Great bike, at the risk of sounding Paris Hilton... SO HOTT. I got lucky my year still has the HD sportster motor. So I will at least get parts for the engine. My is awsome aftermarket air cleaner carbon that looks like a turbo, carbon fiber, race chip and race exhast... So load, i blow other choppers out of the water

11. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

yamaha v star 950

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Is this for racing on a drag strip? Because finding the fastest bike you can, just to ride on the street, is stupid. Just saying. And you won't find faster than a beefed up Busa. But like I said, Busa's were made for the drag strip. Riding them through the twisties or whatever is just silly and not worth it.