Wrasse HELP

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by adam, Jan 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Coloring is normal for being stressed or sleeping. Are you sure he just hasn't woken up yet? If he is awake, something is stressing him, i.e. another fish.

2. Click Here!

3. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

Aiptasia won't effect fishies, I agree with evolved here. I think it's another fish getting a little territorial and bullying the wrasse around.

You can try to move some of your rockscape around and see if that helps.

My guess is you hawkfish is the culprit.

4. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

These guys are big scaredy cats.... Mine was my first fish and hid for over a week before coming out to explore and he had the tank to himself. I agree that its a fish that either just woke up or is getting picked on. Maybe try separating the tank in half with the wrasse by itself on one side. See if he comes out then. Most things I read on this fish before I got mine suggested they be the first added to a tank as being big sissies.

5. TruespeedEM1

TruespeedEM1 Skunk Shrimp

do cleaner wrasse produce the mucus cocoon?

Not sure if they do, but my blue sided fairy wrasse looks like that everynight because of the mucus and can be seen sleeping on the bottom also. He went through a stage where he didnt eat much after being introduced to the tank...maybe a combo of the two?