Wow thanks everyone!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Daniel072, Dec 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I just want to say thank you to all of you guys. I just got home from the hospital. My wife is in recovery now and doing well and in good spirits. She was laughing and joking with me. I'm doing fine although i'm still trippin on the whole incident at this moment. You guys thoughts and well wishes are awesome. Now for some information for you guys. I talked to the officer who investigated the scene tonight and he told me everything I wanted to know. I have come to the understanding that this crash wasn't my fault. I was trying to get to the ditch on the other side because I was cornered and I was about to hit the end of a concrete barrier head on. I didn't see the traffic on the other side untill I was over there. I thought it was clear. I will say one thing though. I have all of the faith in the world in Jeeps safety rating. If you look at my jeep in the video that cannedmulder posted, the jeep looks destroyed but the passenger cabin (other than plastic flying) is in awesome shape and held up amazingly. I think I have a new perspective on life now and I know it's way short and that my wife and I could easily be where the other couple involved in the crash are. I just hope the guy driving the truck is found and faces some sorta justice. I know I will be contacting an attorney as soon as we find him.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thats great to hear that you and your wife are doing better. Its hard to go through a crash like that, esp. if your not sure if the blame was yours or not. Anyways, Im glad that this nightmare has a happy ending and that you guys can move on. Best wishes from the Lunatik family. Luna

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Hey man, glad to see ya again. Good to know you and your bride came through this with your lives intact. And you are right......nothing like a near-death event to bring things into perspective. Get well soon man......you are going to be soooooore for a few months over this one.

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Thanks guys. Means a lot. We are doing good although i'm not sleeping tonight due to mental stuff but hopefully time will heal that.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Get threrapy if you can, and I'm being serious on that and not trying to dog anyone, I was in a really bad wreck when I was 18, a guy on a harley ran a red light and nailed my sport trac in the passenger side door while I was making a left at a protected light, dude nailed me doing 60+ anyway after I crawled out of the truck I went around to the other side and those images haunted me for a long time.. just my advice I didn't get any help back then and I regret it now wish I would have.

Glad the wife and you are ok though and your right, hopefully they cause the guy that made you have to swerve, get some rest and try to take it easy like said above your gonna be sore for a bit

2 people like this.
  7. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I drive for a living...I see some terrible things on the road....terrible drivers and terrible results.
    count your blessings.
    Glad to hear your both on the way to recovery.
    LG

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

It is a blessing to hear that you and your wife are going to pull through this. There is a tough road of healing ahead. You all will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

10. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

So, if Ray had called you yesterday around 11:30 to give you all the kenya, would you have still been on your way to Bend? Glad you are OK. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

1 person likes this.
  11. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Hope everyone makes a speedy recovery... My families prayers are with your family...

1 person likes this.
  12. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

So Dan how about an update? I don't want to be the only one telling everyone how things are going!

2 people like this.