WOW Reef Central

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Jun 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I joined Reef Central yesterday. Anyone on 3rref who is also a Reef Central member?

lol I thought we had a lot of users. Go to Reef Central - the forums page & scroll down to the bottom to see all the active users. Just thought that was interesting.

Where is RC located from? As, 3reef is located in Cal.

2. Click Here!

3. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

yea RC is the biggest on the net but you really shouldn't be advertising a competing forum here. just not cool

4. Seano Hermano

Sorry. I didn't know they "compete". I thought forums were out to help people & work together even. Not make money & work against each other.

5. crappyballer

all those ads you see = dollars no one does this kind of stuff for free =)

6. Seano Hermano

I joined because I want to know more. So I thought it would make sense to spread my "audience", or viewers. Thus getting more thoughts, suggestions, opinions..

7. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

There are many 3reef members that are on both forums, RC has great resources and articles but many spend their time socializing here due to the friendly atmosphere Matt works so hard to uphold.

8. Click Here!

9. kingkipper

kingkipper Astrea Snail

Thanks for sharing....... It helped me

10. crappyballer

of course that is why ppl join forums the more people your forum attracts (generaly due to content) the more valuable it becomes as a marketing tool. more people visit your site that equals more "unique" ip addresses to your sites statistics (which is what companies want to see) so yea the forums are nice and helpful but overall it is a business. because paying for security, servers,software,time....etc is not free or cheap.

11. Seano Hermano

Yeah I have really noticed the good manner & kindness of people on here. Also, quick responses. I posted a "new to RC" thread a few hours ago. No response yet. I am not leaving 3reef. I joined RC, thinking I would expand knowledge.

12. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I am also a member of both but I like the laid back atmosphere of 3reef a little more. I find for every 10 times I look at 3reef I will look at Reef Central once. I do like their links to Reefkeeping.com and like the tank of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.