Wow. Maxspect Mazarra Modular LEDs announced for preorder.

Discussion in 'Salty Supply' started by saltysupply, Jun 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltysupply

saltysupply 3reef Sponsor

you are correct on the AI, not sure on mazarra they will have charts when they land

2. Click Here!

3. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'm very interested to see how the Mazarra LEDs will stack up. Seems Cree has become the standard to such a degree that even low quality LED modules can have the Cree logo slapped on them and see sales go, but I think there's alot to be seen from other chip makers as well.

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Right now, Cree is the standard when it comes to efficiency. Anyone tells you different, they are fooling you. It is true that all Cree LEDs are not equal. Wth each generation, Cree seems to continue to get better. It is helpful that people educate themselves know what Cree diodes are the better ones rater than just trusting anything that uses the name Cree. The bigger issue is that Cree seems to continually be 2 generations ahead of most of the other major diode manufacturers when it comes to efficiency.

5. saltysupply

should be interesting to see a comparison between those and AI

6. saltysupply

we have 25 available for preorder and are selling fast order today if you are interested:)

7. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

PAR chart is available here=> Maxspect | Facebook if anyone is interested, shows PAR for a two module set, apparently the PAR will be higher on the production model.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

New website is up with more info about the Mazarra unit.

Maxspect USA

10. saltysupply

11. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm planning on either going with 2 AI Sols or these Maxspects. For a tank that is 36"x18"x17", should I go with the 2 module or 3 module package?

12. saltysupply

for maxspect 3 would be ideal, 2 sols would also work on a 36" long tank. give us a call today we can set you up SOL's are in stock 8668720195