Would you trust this?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Nealio, Apr 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've heard of these scams before. One happened around here and the home owners came home to an empty house.

2. Click Here!

3. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

there could be a million reasons why this person needs to get rid of all there stuff fast and dosnt want to be slowed down my having to sell stuff. it is strange everything is free (if thats rly true) so maybe do a little recon b4 heading in as Luna said "AMBUSH"!! maybe bring a 6'6 300lb enforcer :p and if everything is fine he would be great at helping you carrie stuff.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I hadn't thought of this. Nor did I realize it was all 'free'

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

you always find these craigslist ads! lol

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I say take a cop with you if you go and inspect everything first. If it turns out to be legit, say the cop is simply an off duty friend who was also interested in the stuff. If it's a scam or an ambush or whatever, well, you have a cop with you. It seems foolproof to me. Haha. I'm sure you could find a nice police officer who was bored out of his/her mind to come check it out with you.

8. Click Here!

9. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Some of those free ads are legit (I've got a ton of free stuff from craigslist). Some people just want it gone and dont care. Some of it can be a scam however. A guy got mad at his neighbor not to long ago and put everything in the neighbors front yard for free on craigslist. As you can imagine they called the cops when they looked out the window to find some random strangers trying to load their kids basketball hoop into a truck.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Exactly. If someone's pretty wealthy and just wants to get rid of stuff, they wouldn't care about getting money with it. They'll just buy more stuff elsewhere. But I'd be more untrusting than trusting to an add like that.