Would you frag this or let it grow ???

Discussion in 'Coral' started by jkat21, Nov 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i would frag it a bit, not chop it in half. and bone cutters works well. BRS has some good ones for cheap.

2. Click Here!

3. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

Be careful if fraging with a Dremel..I believe some can burn the coral from heat,I think a quick snap is good though I've seen YouTube vids of people trying to frag one portion and the whole thing break off lol

4. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

good to know thank you
    yip I thought that might be a prob..ill get the wife to slowly drip saltwater on the cutting area... I worry with the snap method only because the stalks are close to each other.with the dremel I would have a bit more control(we'll as long as my hand is steady lol).thanks..

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I have always used bonecutters for fragging corals with branching skeletons like this. Try to make the cuts as clean as you can and I would dip in coral rx or a similar product afterwards. I believe this will help prevent brown jelly disease which could occur after fragging.

6. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Do a YouTube search and you'll find awesome videos on How To Frag. I've seen several :)