Would you be ok with this?

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Would you be ok with a Facebook 3reef Fan Box on the 3reef homepage?

1. Yes.

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. MoonChaser

MoonChaser Aiptasia Anemone

I vote yes... but then again, I'm kind of a facebook addict... and also a 3 reef addict... :D

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

:laugh4: yeah. ;D

4. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Facebook changes their options and agreements every 2-3 months. To keep up with that, those 60% need to stop plowing new fields on their farms, which isn't gonna happen.

That being said, if anyone had an issue with privacy regarding FB, they wouldn't become a fan of 3Reef through FB, as they wouldn't have FB or they would have seen the box here, plain and simple.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Now that's darn funny!!

I like FB but I only use it to talk to friends. I don't use it like Twitter and tell people boring stuff. I don't play games or take quizzes. Man I'm boring. LOL

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ok. Great feedback. Thanks.. Almost half a dozen of you voted 'No' and that bothers me even though you are currently in the minority.

So I am going to make a decision here and say that it will not go on the homepage.

Some of you came up with some cool alternatives. So I think we should try those.

This 'Become a fan' Facebook box will not be on the homepage now - it will move elsewhere and there will have an option to disable it in your user profile.

Sound good?

Thanks to all for the help. I didn't just want to slap this up and this was helpful. [edit- You rock!!]

matt

1 person likes this.
  7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

You're the man. Thanks!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. RavenMind

RavenMind Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I it's great that the administration on this site cares enough about their users to ask! I personally think facebook is worthless and possibly harmful, but would not mind seeing it on the site if Matt thinks it's worth it. I realize the decision has already been made, but that's just my 2 cents. :)
    Thanks again for considering your users!

1 person likes this.
  10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid