Would this work?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Camkha1234, Oct 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

The exact same unit mentioned. lol The only difference is I am running a booster pump and the prefilters and double DI stages.

[​IMG]

The unit on the top is the Spectrapure 90 GPD refurb unit, the two filters below are using the canisters that I salvaged from my Purewaterclub unit. The extra prefilter and second DI membrane.

2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

I think I'll go with that unit then. Just need my parent's okay ;D I'll explain to them that the extra $25 that I'm spending will be well worth it ;)

Does it come with instructions on how to set it up and run it?

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

It comes with instructions. There are also videos on youtube by spectrapure that can point you in the right direction if you are confused. Either that or you can post on here with your questions.

5. Camkha1234

Thanks for all the help! :)

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Definitely spectrapure, been running the 90gpd for a little over a year and still have 0 tds out and only 2 tds before DI. great filters.

7. Camkha1234

I will definitely try to get the unit.

Now as far as salt goes, what would you recommend for a reef tank?

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I had used Red Sea Coral Pro and had good results. I noticed some inconsistancies from batch to batch with my last 3 buckets so I am switching to Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. This is the standard in salt, very consistant and has good levels. It is also one of the cheaper salts. Especially if you buy it in a box of 200 gallons. On Dr Foster Smith its 48 bucks per 200 gallon box. Free shipping over 50 bucks too. Buy a box there and something else to get your shopping cart to 50 bucks and you arent going to get a better deal on salt shipped to your door!

10. Camkha1234

I'll probably do that. i have a $25 gift certificate to WWC and they always have a big sale on Black Friday, so I'll buy it then. For now, I'll finish off my regular IO salt mix :)

11. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

You can download any of the directions or FAQ Spectrapure has right from their website, they are there for everyone to use. No need to ait until you order the system you can view or print them ahead of time and be ready when it arrives.
    Any of the last 4 directions under RO/DI system will apply, CSP DI, ProPlus RO/DI, MPDI or Marine Pro DI should all be about the same.
    SPECTRAPURE MANUALS

Their FAQ section is here and nswers about any question you would ever have on RO or RO/DI:

FAQ FOR REVERSE OSMOSIS

And the list of How To videos is here:
    SpectraPure Videos

12. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

i'm not familiar with those ones ...this is the unit i run and it has not failed me in 5 years i changed the filters and the resin once just because had 2ppm and that was after 2.5 years and it still runs clean