would like to start a saltwater tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by silent saab, Apr 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. silent saab

silent saab Plankton

Hey all, i have a couple tanks that are all fresh water... well i thinks its time that i venture into the world of saltwater, so i was jus wondering if anyone could help me with what i need to set it up.. i have a brand new 29 gallon tank that i am wanting to set up with salt i think i want to do a couple of fish and alot of soft corals to start... so if anyone could give me a list of everything i need an a rough estimate of what everything would cost i already have a light setup its a 4 bulb t5 flouresence light.. help please...

2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef>>>>>>

4. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Your lights are probably good, but posting about what you need to do is an exhaustive process. There is a lot you need to learn in a short time to assure the best start for your tank. I suggest reading this 3reef article first. It may give you a jump start to a successful salt water aquarium.

3reef.com - Forums for coral reef aquariums, salt water fish, corals, inverts, protein skimmers, aquarium lighting and more! - 3reef Articles - Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's - How to set up your very own saltwater aquarium in six pages

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

6. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

welcome, yeah i would suggest just looking at websites and learning alot, then posting threads of specific questions so that we can help you easier!

7. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Welcome to 3Reef!

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

welcome and good luck, my first saltwater was a 29. My only regret was not getting the 40 breeder. More depth space...might wanna consider upgrading already, lol.