Worst day ever (for my tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TriggersRule, Jul 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

I need to vent a little...

So I get a call as I'm leaving work today and my fiance tells me that something is wrong with my corals because none of them are open...she then tells me that the light for my refugium has fallen in the tank. So I get home and all my fish are still alive but none of my corals are open and most look shriveled...my snails are alive but not moving around like they normally do. I really have no idea if any of my corals are still alive at this point... I am so beyond pissed that if I get up tomorrow and my corals looks dead I plan on just shutting my tank down because I have just lost almost a years worth of work and more money than I want to think of in corals...what horrible way to start the weekend :cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Wow that really is bad. :( Sorry about your corals.

4. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

wow thats sounds terrible

dont quiet trust me

5. hddoutside

hddoutside Fire Shrimp

wow that sucks man hope you figure something out. maeby there not dead just a little...well shocked (no pun intended)

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

That is awful. Hopefully they all perc up. If not, I could at least keep the tank running. You will lose even more $ if you completely shut it down.

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm so sorry to hear this!! Ugh, so frustrating. :( I hope the corals perk back up, and thankfully you didn't lose any fish!

8. Click Here!

9. paulduong

paulduong Plankton

i think they will be ok , it takes some time though

10. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Thanks everyone, I really hope everything comes out ok. Also pretty worried about my yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp that live in my refug...I just looked in there and see tons of pods alive still and a hitchiker starfish that lives down there but my goby and shrimp haven't come out yet.

11. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

That sucks man. But I wouldn't stress right now. One important thing to remember, your light fell into your sump & not your display tank. Water is a lousy conductor and if it was really bad most of your livestock would of been DOA & they are not. Coral is very sensitive, even to light. Give your coral time to recover. It may not be as bad as you think. ;)

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

:-/ Not so much, with saltwater. It works pretty good.

But hopefully everything is ok.:)