worms

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by get.grounded, Nov 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. get.grounded

get.grounded Feather Duster

so i think i have a few worms in my rock. not sure what kind and i currently dont have a good camera to zoom in and snap a shot but that look like tentacles coming out of the rock holes. that look brown and grey striped and have little pointy things coming off them. tried sucking one up with a syringe but didnt work how can i get these things out? should i get them out?

2. Click Here!

3. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

i think you are talking about bristleworms? If it looks like anything the picture I attached they are scavengers and fine for your tank and wont hurt anything really....kind of part of the clean up crew in a way but beware not to get stuck by the bristles, if it that is the correct i.d. of what you have

Attached Files:

4. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

sounds a bit more like a small brittle starfish. they like to hide in rock holes and stick an arm out to catch food. there are likely a few on that piece of rock all hiding in a hole with one arm hangin out.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

+1, they're good for your tank, they help clean up things.

6. flynhawaiianz28

haha wow....thanks for pointing that out guys....i completely over thought the fact that it could be the small brittle stars cause I have the bristleworms here and there but +1 for screwtape and NU-2reef

1 person likes this.
  7. get.grounded

get.grounded Feather Duster

could be either i have yet to see it come out completely. but looks like their might be 2 because their are 2 holes that one comes out of and another that must be another one comes out of another 2 holes. but i havn't seen a head or anything just looks like legs or arms in that case lol either case wouldn't hurt though correct?

8. Click Here!

9. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

10. flynhawaiianz28

yup either one is fine for your tank so no worries