worms??? everywhere!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by t-hac, Sep 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. t-hac

t-hac Flamingo Tongue

hello again, no pics this time my camera cant capture them but my tank seems to be crawling with worms, no fish or corals or feeding yet so i dont know where there coming from except with the cured LR i bought....

anyways ill do my best to describe them,

most of them are almost clear seethrough like and seem to be about 1-2 inches from what i can see(there half in the rock)

ive seen 1 or 2 of a more solid shell looking worm with white stripes main color is like a brown grey

and lastly i saw one millipeed looking one about 2-3 inches i would say crawling from hole to hole in the rock greenish in color

any help i can get with them would be great,

ive done a bunch of research and found that some worms are good eating /cleaning pores through the rocks but i am not sure as to all of the worms and as for quantity...

anyways if you can help that would be great!
    thanks alot
    t

2. Click Here!

3. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

well im not to sure about your first description, is it kinda flat, there is a flatworm that is almost translucent - harmless tho

2nd description sounds like peanut worm again harmless

3rd description sounds like a common bristle worm, again harmless, but over feedingcan cause plauge proportions.

And they all would have come in on your live rock! thats how everything weird and wonderful gets in. :)

4. t-hac

t-hac Flamingo Tongue

thanks for the info, glad to hear there all proably harmless, and sorry for the poor first dscription but its all i can describe, except there really thin and whispy almost hair like....

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

There are a ton of identification threads that are sticked at the top of the ID forum that might be helpful to you :)