Woo Hoo!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by geekdafied, Jun 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I actually meant to take my camera with me but forgot.

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

That sounds to me like a cheap excuse, c'mon, you can do better than that. Luna

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

I hate for us to loose one of the good ones! ps get those pics asp...lol id like to see them my self! great score btw

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

LMAO it aint nothing to look at yet... Just a 125g tank. I hate the stand thats with it, so gotta build one ASAP. Still need to get lights for it. Ive got plenty of coral for it when its time, haha!

When I talked to Mikey earlier, we came up with roughly 300lbs of fiji rock for it, 200lbs of it is live, another 100lbs of dead. So I get to be super picky about what pieces I wanna add to it. I also get to dry fit everything before it goes in so I can putty it or cement as I go to build my design.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Very nice! So, what are your plans with the tank? SPS? Something else?

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Possibly a mixed reef. Im not a huge SPS fan and Im not a huge LPS fan, but there are species of both that I love. I plan on having one "island" of rock in the middle in a wide "U" shape pattern expanding the middle 2 feet of the tank, on the right side of that another "L" shaped "island" and then on the left side of the tank (where my lazyboy is) I am going to try to have 3 pillars so I can pretty much look the length of the tank unobstructed.

Im not a fan of rock wall tanks. My last display wasnt well thought out in advance because I bought my liverock. Placed it where it looked nice, then every coral I got came with a rock that fit in my original design. So I had to keep moving stuff around which stunts the growth of everything. So this time around Im using small colonies or frags of whatever Im putting in there.

The downside to all of this is I have to get more fish... So I have to set up multiple quarantine tanks etc... The fish I have now all have a purpose and Im not moving them from their current home cause they are being used for specific reasons. Oh yeah, I forgot about my B&W Clowns, they will be going in the 125g.

8. Click Here!

9. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Oh ' you poor fella'...lol , brian acts as if he's beeing held down and forced...lol.
    go get it and be happy !, lol

10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

its not the buying of the fish, its the quaranting them

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Nice score, Geek! Can't wait to see it up and going.

12. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

I agree, can't wait to see what mr,geekie-guru has in mind as far as what he plans on inhabitents.