Wisconsin frags in San Diego (Day 2)

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by diverdan, May 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Here is the article. I may have misspoken. I don't see 2 day on there.
    Although I do agree that more sensitive corals like acros should be sent overnight. This was a reefer to reefer shipment with 2 well established tanks and I don't recommend shipping like this for newer tanks or for reefers purchasing from vendors as there is no guarantee that 2 day will get you your corals safe. There were a lot of considerations that came into play and all were accounted for. Climate, temp where they were sent and the climate they arrived in and time of year for that temp. Also the forecast temp.
    This thread isn't to say that 2 day is preferred, I am just saying that it was a challenge and it worked in our case. It might not in every.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/11/tips

Thanks everyone. They sure are beautiful pieces and I am really happy with them.

2. Click Here!

3. Chris!

Chris! Banned

Thanks for clearing that up and for the link. That wine bottle shipper idea is pretty sweet, I wonder if specimen cups would fit in there as well... I think they would be even cheaper then the containers they used and have a more trustworthy lid IMO. When my stuff grows out some more I might have to look into it a bit ;)