Will this be good enough?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by jhawkor, Jul 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Great explanation, thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Did you test this with a Quantum meter? If you for example had a quantum and got a 192.5uMol/m2/sec 16" deep then at that point I would say you can comfortably grow monti. digitatas, capricornis, seriatoporas, spongodes....If thats what you got 16" down it will be a higher value as you go up the water column.

4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

no, I didnt test this.. it is what it is listed as my on my lamp boxes. to get the average, I combined the par of the 10k and actinic and divided.. probably did it wrong. where would I come by a quantum meter?

5. Dr.Fragenstein

Well, Apogee Instruments makes the unit most people know and love but they cost like $250-$280... They are fun though!

6. bama

bama Humpback Whale

what about my par values.. is there a way to estimate how much I will be getting..

7. Dr.Fragenstein

What lamps do you have?
    I suppose there MIGHT be a way to guess, not exactly how you would go about it.
    Grim Reefer posted some numbers on his site as far as PAR levels of various lamps. If you click on his red house on RC(COME BACK!!) it will link to his site. Not sure how to determine how it will all play out in your tank though.

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I will check it out, thank you..
    I have aquaticlife t5 ho 36" 39 watt 10k and Actinic.. not 50/50 they are separate bulbs..