Will These Survive? Or are they Too far Gone?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by HollyG, Jun 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Frick

Frick Bristle Worm

Really, I have never seen a purple Montipora confusa. Almost always they are greenish-yellow with maybe a purple rim. Did the main colony have irregular column-like branches coming off if it. The reason i thought it was Psammacora is that the piece there seems to have a honey comb pattern like Psammacora and confusa is more of a flame pattern.

2. Click Here!

3. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yea, I know what you mean. I haven't seen a purple one either but that is exactly what the mother colony looked identicle to and that's what the guy said it was. Yea it did have colm like branches... Exact same growth as a regular colored monti confusia... This frag was actually taken from one of those colum branches :p The only thing is that the guy said he had bleached the heck out of the coral by accident because he put it too high, so it didn't have too many polyps on it, but apparently it was making a come back. My frag now has every single ones of those "holes" has a polyp, and the polyps are purple too. I don't know if a purple one is rare or not, but regardless it looks so cool. The "pokerstar" is already showing improvement too. I swear I can see little polyps wanting to peak out... :)

4. HollyG

They are starting to look better now. The Monti confusa have a bunch of polyps out now! And the pokerstar too has a bunch of polyps out! I had moved them last night to a slightly higher flow area and they are really enjoying it! Took this picture this morning. I think I found a spot that is perfect for them and I'm gunna leave them.

nmxfghzaa 098 (761x800).jpg

5. Frick

Frick Bristle Worm

That's a better pic. I can see the ridges better.

My confusa is not getting the best flow or light and seems to be doing great. I tried moving it in the direct light before but burnt it a little, but over all it is a very hardy Monti.

6. HollyG

Yea, I moved it forward towards the front, so it's better picture lol

7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Wow,ther're really turning around nice.I think they like your tank better than the previous one,lol.congrats!

8. Click Here!

9. HollyG

Yea, definately! I'll do an update pic every 1-2 weeks probably :p The original pic and this second one was only taken 3 days apart!! So, I can only imagine what these guys are going to look like in a couple weeks time. :p