Will not stay put

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by djnzlab1, Mar 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

HI,
    Well this green bubble anem has the wander lust , He's been to every corner of the tank , and last nite tried to venture up the intake to the filter he's alittle worse for the wear.
    I think he finally happy with his new rock, I cut a major hole in it and its squeeky clean (new) he's actually stayed put for the past 8 hours, hope he's gonna grow on it litterly,
    He was flat as a pancake this am , jeeze they are fickled.
    Wish me luck
    Doug
    [​IMG]

my other inverts haven't budged an inch but the new kid , maybe its cause the clowns are ignoring it..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

yeah my gbta moves at least once a month a pain especially when it goes over other corals

4. mamachipy

mamachipy Astrea Snail

My bubble moved around for a week or so till it found a place to its liking. That was almost three years ago. Now I have three of them. I moved the first newbe to the other side of the tank and within a week it was right back to the side of its twin. It just split again about three weeks ago and now all three of them are side by side. Not going to even bother to move them unless I can find somebody who wants one. I dont really want more than one. Anybody???

5. djnzlab1

arggghhhh

hi,
    Guess who is moving again:-[ , If you put rocks around him he goes over the top...
    Were he lands is the question, he went towards a major water ouput and it scared him I guess he's all flat and looks yucky, I placed him on some cheto in a fake coral tree he seems happy I wish the pair of marron clowns would take up with him,which species prefers the green bubble I thought it was the marrons.
    Doug
    the clarki are fighting over the striped one on the fr right , they feed it flake but don't share the brine shrimp...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

you guys are having some bad luck. mine hasent moved in 8 months!! if you have the right lighting, and flow it will stay put...

7. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

You really can't stop them from moving. They will go where they want. I had one which moved all the time and eventually found its way to one of my powerheads.... 'nuff said.

If you can, try and place some type of mesh around the powerhead intakes.

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Any anemone will move, though some more than others! If an anemone is happy though where it is situated, then your anemone SHOULD remain there over the long haul!

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Again I'd tell anyone who'd listen to never put an anemone in a reef tank. For this very reason and they grow would be my second reason. a species only tank..

11. djnzlab1

it worked for me

HI,
    I went to walmart and bought a couple very small clay pots that were new removed he stickers, and hacksawed the bottom off then inverted the pot smaller side up shoved it in the sand and stuck mr moving in one he seem to like it and can't get loose, I put a piece of rock in the front so you can't see the clay pot, he happy and I am thrilled to have him stay put for a couple days.
    He's feeding a little better prefers that omega rich brine shrimp, and likes some of that cuttle fish that frozen.
    WHew. no more searching for the slug..:p
    doug

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007