Will my purple lobster eat my snails?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by DaDaAtlanta, Dec 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

They are reef safe IMO i had one and a buddie also had one and it didnt bother anything at all

2. Click Here!

3. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

I havent had any trouble with it at all, just wish I would see it more often. It didnt bother any of the snails. It did initially go after one after I dumped them in because it was moving to correct itself but backed off. I also have an emerald crab and several blue leg hermits and it hasnt bothered any of them. Luckily I was able to catch this murderous (possible bumble bee) yellow and black "thin" striped snail while it was tryin to eat a cerith after lights out. Now its in my overflow box awaiting judgement.

4. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

they are shy, and normally dont bother anything, infact I had one harassed by a clown fish, but i have seen them pull hermit crabs out of their shells to eat them.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

my parents saw one of these guys today at the lfs, they want me to get one for my tank because they look so cool. Glad to hear they are reef safe, i know nothing about them so im going to do some more research

6. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

I honestly dont think they are worth it unless you have a tank with little rock work. I only see it at night when im looking for night life with a flash light or during the day when I peek into the hole it lives in because it sometimes dart out to grab something when I feed the rods. They serve no purpose and hide all the time so unless you got a set up where it cant hide much theres really no point. They are really beautiful though.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i decided i can't get one becuse one site said they may harm small passive fish, which that means my firefish, so no lobsters in my tank :D