Will my fish survive overnight?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Conor, May 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Conor

Conor Fire Worm

I'm changing from marine to tropical for the next year. I'm clearing my tank out and I'm bringing my fish and inverts up my fish store tomorrow. I've cleared the tank completely so I could bag up the crabs and snails and sit the bag in the tank overnight instead of doing all the work in the morning. My tank is completely empty. I've taken the substrate out and all too find as many crabs and snails as I can. The only thing in the tank at the moment is the fish. Can I pack away the live rock and clean the substrate and be ready to start my tropical cycle tomorrow after delivering the marine fish and inverts to the fish store? or will my fish die overnight if it does not have the substrate and live rock?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

He should be fine.. Many LFS have bare tanks with fish on them for sale.. 1 day won't so much IME..

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Agreed one day will not be an issue.

5. TheFishMan

TheFishMan Flamingo Tongue

May I ask why you are deciding to switch from marine to tropical? Isn't it usually the other way around? ::)