Urgent Wild Collected Anemones

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Kaianuanu, Apr 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

wow, you need to kick down a notch. just an outsider looking in... you are not making yourself sound credible. You're 46 yrs old. act like it.
    you are simply ranting. not on topic.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

You should not have a ray in a 55 gal. WAY too small. And am now curious to know what happened to it?

4. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

he actually is doing good but and eating ghost shrimp but i dont think he has enough room so i am trying to find someone who has a better setup for him. My lfs said they would try to make room to take him and contact me.

5. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Good to hear.

6. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Ok, now after seeing that video that was just posted, by xmetal, I do not agree with it's capture because the tank is not sized correctly for the critter, and therefore it is improper.

A small blennie and a few condies are one thing- they are sized correctly to the tank, but, that ray in a 55 gallon tank is simply shameful, but I think you already know this.

Either way, I appreciate your efforts, science has done these same things for several hundred years- doesn't make it right, but, then we as reef keepers wouldn't have reef tanks if someone along the way did not do EXACTLY what you are doing.

But I get where xmetal is going with this- perhaps, and this is a BIG perhaps, maybe you should KNOW the critter BEFORE you place it captivity.

7. alpha_03

Just whom is ranting? YOU are. I said nothing out of line, but you have. read the entire thread- act like you are your age- 26 is it? How about this- you tell us what the topic is, and how I am not on topic- with respect to the previous responces to my own?

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Please stay on topic. If you don't have any suggestions regarding the original question, please don't post. While I understand everybody's reasons for their passion, I don't want to have to close this thread before the original poster gets the help they need. Thanks.

10. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

that age comment was just out of line, people need to learn to use forums with the same respect for other members that they would if we all met face to face

11. kreator

kreator Flamingo Tongue

I would not be suprised if you do catch alot of guff. The hardest part of this hobby for me is to take my time and research things BEFORE hand. It's not easy, but I see this alot on this forum.. Sure I would love to have a yellow tang in my tank, but I know from my research that there is no way a tang can be go in a 28 Gallon Nano, BUT I see people all the time say "Oh well, I have a tang in my 10G or whatever, I know it's not right, so not what do I do". The one thing that I have learned from the wealth of knowledge on this forum to my suprise is BE PATENT! And don't ask "will this survive in my tank" but "will this THRIVE in my tank".

I am not trying to judge at all. I don't think it matters if you are 12 or 70, it's not easy to be patent when it comes to things as cool as reefing, but it is necessary.

12. alpha_03

everything you have shown me, including the video of a very clean aquarium, suggests to me that those condies and that blennie will be just fine.

But I question the set up- live rock to one end and the rest as swimming room? Any reason for this?