Urgent Wild Collected Anemones

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Kaianuanu, Apr 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I disagree, if I could collect my own critters - I would.

Why? Because I know where they came from, I know the level of care I will give them, I also know that it is not illegal to capture for your own use outside of state parks.

PARAGRAPH REMOVED BY MODERATOR

You better stop driving too- green house gas and all.

What is the difference if this person is able to get his own vrs. the stuff you buy for your tanks? And don't even start with ORA, maybe- at best, 10 percent of what is sold is ORA.

I think what your doing is great, I envy you, just a little. ;)

Now if you could clean up all the lion fish and long spine urchins that AQUARIUM owners dumped in to Fla. water- let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

BTW, Fla. waters usually only have condies and mini carpets.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Looks like you saw an opening to start a fight on here with this thread. Feel free to stay on topic. That is not why people said not to collect them. He obviously did not do any research and is, therefore, probably unable to care for the specimens properly.

When using fake saltwater, you must take a lot of time and care in to acclimating a wild caught fish that you caught to your water conditions. Our salt mixes are different from real salt water.

5. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

I have a 55 moderate current from HOB power filtration. a blue damsel, a YTB damsel, a yellow wrasse. and a few fish i caught including that blenny.

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

What is your equipent though. Lighting, filtration...etc...

7. alpha_03

Excuse me- but where in this entire thread did he mention his water source? And I am on topic- very much so, you however, are not. Whom is starting just what here? I gave my opinion, and the reason for my opinion, as did the others- however, w/o full working knowledge of his tank. I made no assumptions, and from the video, all looks well to me.

And yes you can keep a tank via direct sunlight- I do it myself. Many many people - zoo's, fish farms ect. do the same thin via windows and sky lights.

I think mother nature knows what she is doing, and direct sunlight, w/o any doubt is far better then any light any of us can, could, or, ever will be able to supply.

8. Click Here!

9. Kaianuanu

well said, and suprisingly, i havent ever encountered any lions divng or snorkeling and so on.

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

do not let alpha corrupt your thoughts, this is not a healthy tank it is obvious from the video. i would suggest trading in the fish you collected. fish that you catch on shore arent necessarily any healthier than store bought fish, actually probably arent.

11. Kaianuanu

and i have done a small amount of research prior to collecting them, but by no means enough, and it was irresponsible of me to take them, however, i did and a cant take it back, I just want you guys' help w/ keeping them alive. And i feel i did nothing wrong as far as the fish, most of which are actually adjusting rather well.

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

How is your ray?