Wide spectrum LED build: ALL IN

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by exactlyobp, Nov 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

I re-read this thread and now kind of wish I had more spectrum. Good thing yesterday I went ahead and bought a couple red, cyan and a couple more cool whites =-)

Not really sure why as I am still only on 25 percent of my power as is.... I think I just want too.

I couldn't say anything MORE positive about having the spectrum. I am ESPECIALLY noticing the greens, pinks, reds, whites, neons and purples more. Not to mention the corals color seems "sharper"

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I know exactly what you're talking about!

Where did you order the cyan from? "Cyan" is very touchy and different from batch to batch: meaning ideally, it should peak at 500nm, mines are supposed to be 495nm, which is more blue side, but most definitely more green than they're supposed to be. But my green nobilis is liking the green so, Im happy :)

4. tom.n.day

Results for LEDs:Cyan LEDs

says 490-520. I should have every LED RAPID has soon. if its half as nice as the ones I already have i will e stoked

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Thanks, Tom, I checked it out and 490-520nm is a bit too wide range. Since "green" is very visible to human eyes, even if only a bit off makes a lot of difference.

6. tom.n.day

I should have first hand knowledge soon =-)

I have 2 greens and I LOVE the effect. You will have to come by and check it out

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I certainly will, when I go to Bellings! I really want to check out Heights Pet Center so bad!

8. Click Here!

9. tom.n.day

the store is ok, the guy who owns it, and most of the people who work there, are pretty much terrible in the customer service department. sometimes they get some pretty cool stuff in and they are better (ie. only) option we have within a 100 miles. They did just upgrade the frag tanks pretty well

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Ron's ok if you know him for 15--20 years lol

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Despite the service, I can look the other way if the stuff is reasonably priced :) Id like to see the frag tank!

You're coming with me, Alex, when Im there!

12. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid