Wicked polyp extension ! Turn on your red light!!!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Corailline, Oct 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

YUP. it was really just caled a rusty pocilipora. I am very excited to get it back. it was an extremely fast grower. and actually did better lower in the tank. when I put it up high, it washed out.

and anyone wanting to get a milli that looks like that, throw some good current on it. they LOVE current.

When i get it and get some growth, maybe we can work out a way to send you a chunk. I have a pink one too now, but it is not the branching kind, it is the knobby kind.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

well maybe in a like 6 months or so ill have some pieces lol ;) depends how fast they decide to grow

im usually into trading guys, not really selling though :D

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Current makes all the difference.
    I have quite a few frags I would like to trade, but alas the shipping charges are outrageous :cry:

I only trade as well, it is not about the money. In 6 months those should really take off and you will no doubt get some great trades for that German acropora. Lucky dog.

Seafoam at night, it has some strange polyps that are longer than 1 inch. I just can not capture them on camera because of the focus, they are just too thin.

[​IMG]

The RP feeding, the polyps are really wide at the tips for this coral.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  5. Pickupman66

Corraline, we may have to work something out. ill ship to you, you ship to me. I have several shipping containers. say do a 3 frag pack. I want some of that seafoam!!!

6. Corailline

I am up for it Pickupmen66. Let it grow out for about 3 months and the deal is on.:)

7. Pickupman66

Deal.. ll grow a few good ones...I should get some goodies in January at our frag swap.

8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

I am also an avid bass fisherman and on that forum they do a lure box between 10 folks. First guy puts in 10 lures and mails it. then second guy takes what he wants and then replaces with somethign different and mails it to #3. it goes around the country like that till it gets back to the original sender. we could do something like that. send 3 frags...

10. Corailline

Oh I like the suprise factor. I would love to do something like that. It does not have to be acropora. I am good with mushromms, acans, zoanthids.... I am going to have to hit you up on shipping methods.

11. Corailline

So I noticed that at night my PE was noticeably different depending on the time of night, but some nights it was just amazing. While taking pictures I realized I had my string of red xmass lights on (do not ask). So I did a little experiment and this is what I found, with the red light string.

If I try to simulate the lunar cycle by reducing or increasing the duration the time the lights are on and those days when the moon new or absent I get this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The entire polyp emerges and what looks like almost a stomach. I am going to assume it is just a different strategy for feeding.

1 person likes this.
  12. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

Those pics are amazing. Good job. k+

1 person likes this.