Why SPS?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Doratus, Jul 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Correct in that they are not SPS. A gorg is not really a soft coral though.

2. Click Here!

3. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some examples of "Small- Stoney- Polyp" Coral :) See the tiny things swaying... those are my favorite "polyps' by far. Can i get a amen here people...
    lol ;)
    Heidi

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

scleractinian ;)

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Bugger the challenge of SPS, my real challenge comes from of all things zoas. Don't ask me why bc I have no clue. I can keep almost everything else under the sun even SPS but it's game over with zoas. As to why SPS, for me it's the variety they offer. I'm a mixed reef kind of person and the combination of swaying LPS and softies combined with the complexity and coloration of SPS is the epitimey of what a reef tank should look like, IMO.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

As far as your zoos, you probably have nudibranchs. I had the hardest time keeping them alive and then i noticed zoo eating nudis. Very few zoos in my experience do not have them. I do either a freshwater dip with coral rx or depending on the color of the zoo a lugols bath. then i always quarantine new zoas away from others and dip again in 7 and 14 days

8. Click Here!

9. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I couldn't keep zoos either...well I could keep em alive they just wouldn't spread.except an ugly one and even that didn't grow that much. Never looked like anything was eating or irritating them just wouldn't grow...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk