Why is my tank bubbling??

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Birchell, Mar 2, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:lol: everytime my light comes on my tank gets over run with mico bubbles. Everything, my rocks, sand ect gets full of bubbles!! It is like the light is making the algea go overtime. How long will it take for the algea to get use to the light??

Michael

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

IMO Michael, these bubbles are created by bacteria, algae, burrowing organisms etc. due to photosynthesis, and respiration!!!
    For the micro algae part of the equasion, you can cut down on DOM and high nutrients. You can also use Macroalgae which competes for the same nutrients as microalgae does. Cut down on phosphates and nitrates as well should help to cut down the microalgae growth!

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks CR!! I was think that is were the bubbles were commin from. They started when I first got the light going. Ill just cut down on the photo time, and let the tank adjust to the new light. One of my shrooms on the bottom is showing signs of bleaching!! This light is alsome!!!

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Yeah, be careful of the change in intensity from your new lighting arrangement! You don't want to stress you corals!

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

dont worry about it. Ive only got one shroom in the tank, and it was an extra in a box, that fell off a rock. Im gonna start the tank with some zoa's, xenia, frogspawn, and a long tentical anemone. Im hoping to get most of them tomarow at a club meeting. And they are all light loving beasts, so ill just watch them and raise the light if needed. Wish me luck!!

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Good luck and happy hunting! Get some for me as well!

8. Click Here!

9. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

You should also look into a fuge and running it 24/7 cycle. That would take care of the bubble problem, keep PH stable 24 hrs and help nutrient export.