Why does southern food smell bad?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

very true! thats why at the party when i saw how many cans of salt they used for the crawfish i about died cause just thinking about using that much is disgusting and fatening but the food was just soooo good you ALMOST forgot about how fatening the food is. I think that's why we always feel like we've gained at least 10lbs after a trip to the south because of all the heavy foods that you normally would not eat back home

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol you have a bit of a southern accent, i heard bits of it in your DIY video. My sister's BF doesnt think he has an accent either but he deffiently does and people around here ask him "wheres your accent from"

oh yea the keeping the bit of grease part is very gross

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Haha when I went to Alabama there was never anything for me to order at restaurants because I'm a vegetarian and like to eat pretty healthily. So at one restaurant I ordered a plate of steamed vegetables which I thought would be good. They came and were SOAKED in butter!! There was like an inch of butter on the plate. Haha even veggies are unhealthy down there!!

I'm not dissing the south at all, just different ways of eating. :)

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

fair character assesment
    Steve;D

1 person likes this.
  6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea my sis and her bf say they never have veggies or salad or anything like that.

i've never been to the "north" so i cant say for their food but the west and the south have very defferent eating styles.

7. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Haha some of that food is excellent and those necks sure know how to cook. They do use a metric ton of salt though and alot of the food smells like hot garbage.

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

other way around...the north picks on us all the time and we have become defensive. Family guy is a prime example.

:)

Like any true Floridian I was born in New York though so I am just poking fun.

the food may kill you one day, but gravy and biscuits is a great way to start a day. I have been to California...I didnt really like there food so it just depends who you ask I guess. Whole wheat, soy cheese dont belong on pizzas.... :)

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well!!!!!!!!!! it was yuuuuuummmmmyyyyy! it didnt taste fishy at all! loved this stuff

11. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

now im just really hungry... how ironic- i got KFC hahahahaha

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha i hate kfc