Why can't I keep pulsing xenia? =(

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by flynhawaiianz28, Dec 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. feixjai

feixjai Fire Worm

How is the flow in your tank? and Ive read somewhere that iodine helps also. Just make sure you monitor how much you are dosing if your going to dose.

2. Click Here!

3. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

I can keep GSP with no problems what so ever so i don't know what the deal is.....but I think there is plenty of flow in that small of a tank and i don't dose with iodine cause I dont want to get into that mess in that small of a tank but I figured that since they grow like weeds then it wouldn't be that much of a problem but maybe I will pick up a small amount of iodine and see what happens

4. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

hehe i know i'm gonna get some slack for saying this but you're better off!! I hate xenia, it's such a weed. But yeah, it can be very very funky.

1 person likes this.
  5. divott

divott Giant Squid

lol, im in your boat ermano. gsp,pulsin xenia and aiptasia can be real scourges if they get out control. ive got some of each. lol. but the gsp and xenia i do my best to keep it only wear i want. but ive also heard, like a few said, the xenia can be tempermental sometimes.