Why are you, who you are?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Sep 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Don't get me started on planes :D My dream was to fly for the military. I'd go to Colorado Springs to the Air Force Academy, bust my butt, and then try to ge a flight slot. Originally to fly an F16 for the Air Force or an F18 for the Navy or Marines. Well, my eyesight, along with color dificient vision sent those crashing and burning. I even considered helos for the Army, heck I even looked into a National Guard or Coast Guard flying career. I had a slight chance if I got my vision corrected, but the color deficiency is a no go. Although, they did stick the color deficient (NOT color blind :p) guys on point during Vietnam because camo doesn't work as well on us :)

I flew remote control planes until my teenage funds ran dry, and I plan on getting another plane to toss around because I miss doing that.

Not being elegible to fly was what kept me away from a military career. If I have no chance at doing what I want, why try? I'd always hate myself if I had to sit there and watch the plane take off and I'd become some maintenance crew member. Those guys are fantastic and are 100% necessary, but I'd hate being the guy surrounded by planes, but not behind the sticks of one.

In short, no I'm not a NASCAR fan, so no I didn't see the fly over :D

2. Click Here!

3. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

My name comes from my other hobby which is driving. Mostly auto-x, you know, random crew track days and the like.

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

mine is plain and simply because of my terrible memory, its an age thing. lol. ive been a divott on every different site i go on. i also use the same password for every site too. this way i cant forget i dont think , and if i do , it will be time to shut me down and take me to a home. lol. so if you see a divott on any other site you go on , it could be me and say hello. lol.

5. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Was plain oceanparadise taken?

6. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Im a pilot.. Just a private GA pilot though.. nothing fancy, but still a HUGE hit with my lady friends..

8. Click Here!

9. defdad

defdad Fire Shrimp

I'm a big Def Leppard fan who is a dad. It originally came about when me and the kids started playing Guitar Hero.:guitarist

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i've got a lake home up in Minn and it was always a dream of mine to own a little puddlejumper and be able to fly up instead of wasting a day driving.

11. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

When i first signed up on reef2reef it was taken so thats why i put the 1 at the end and every other site i sign up for now i just like to keep it the same

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

ReefSparky. Reef is because, well; you know. A "sparky" is an electrician. I have great interest in the former; I am the latter.