Why are you, who you are?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Sep 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I've got 3 kids and "you kids better settle down and GoToSleep" is what I have to holler up the stairs at them every night. ;)

Jwin, I don't know if you're a NASCAR fan but if you was the F-22 flyover at the start of last night's race, that was a few of the guys from my unit (and hence my avatar).

2. Click Here!

3. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

lol, you we're actually one of the guys i was thinking of when i posted this. also, i couldn't figure out what sleep had to do with fighter jets. now i know!

good stuff people. so far i have to give the obscurity award to Jwin's "wings".

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

why are you, who you are, great question Joseph
    Triplemom - you only have yourself to blame for the below.

lifes experiences shape us into becoming the people we are
    key moments in life have the greatest influence in who we are
    a series of events , create memories, our reactions in relationship to those memories
    govern our future actions , thus we adapt throughout our lives and are thus better equiped to handle repeat episodes of previous experiences

thus I am, who I am , simply because my life has made me who I am
    the older you get, the more of life experiences, the good and the bad, you accumulate
    and this causes change so who you are now, may in many cases be different to who you where 10 years ago

my user name is Steve Wright, simply because its the same as my real name
    and I have never felt the need to hide behind an artificial identity
    I am who I am, and would not want to be anyone else

Steve

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

lol. Well um. Blue Falcon is a military term. Started out in the Navy. To be "True Blue" was a compliment. When the Army took it over Blue Falcon stood for "buddy F***er". In example if your buddies were at the barracks cleaning up, and you got out of having to do any work, they might joke around and call you a blue falcon. Now, in the Marine Corps, it's most commonly used as a friendly joke or nickname. It was my call sign (radio handle) in Iraq. In true bravo foxtrot form. Caw Caw!!!! ;D

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Mine is a combination of my work. I started my own photography business, A New Perspective, thus the anp. And I had a summer job at a place called Goin' Postal, thus the gp.

7. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Mine came from when I used to work at a vets office as a tech some yrs ago. A client for the longest time thought my name was john...then some how it turned into johnny kat(yes like the litter lol) as a joke but has kinda stuck over the years..and I threw in my hockey number 12...hence the Jkat21....

8. Click Here!

9. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

mine comes from when i was in a truck club. NC stands for negative camber. And I am a window tinter by trade

10. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

My initials are PG. Not nearly as creative as yours.

11. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

Mine comes from being italian, hairy and my wife always telling me I should have been born a fish and the flying wrench is because my occupation is being a mechanic!

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

mine's boring..school assigned user name..used for everything else..why not here? just my initials..and 0001 because i'm the only "irr" at auburn i guess