why are my np active pearls clumping together

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by richiero, Aug 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. richiero

richiero Plankton

hello dr tim i been using the active pearls for the last four months and everything was great. no i notice that my pearls are clumping together and no longer tumbling what is going wrong here how can i fix it?

i have 75g total water and i am using a 150 two little fishes reactor i canged out the sponges with mesh so is does not clog, to i have to clean these pearls at all?

2. Click Here!

3. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

I'm no Dr but I can tell you that reactor is not the best for pellets...I know from personal experience. I can see that being the problem of sticky pellets because they can't tumble very well in there over a long period of time. I switched over to a BRS pellet reactor and couldn't be happier (check my build)

Hope this helps

4. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

I have to agree with louy99 that reactor will work but it is not designed for biopellets like the NP-Active Pearls because it does not have a best water flow dynamics. You can try and increase the flow for a few seconds and blast the pearls apart as along as that does not results in the Pearls being ejected from the reactor.

5. richiero

richiero Plankton

sweet tank louy99, i will look into the brs reactor thank you so much for your help both you and dr tim......